Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Patsy's 109th Birthday!

It's March 6th again, which means that it's Patsy's 109th birthday today! Once again, all of us in the Patsy's family are remembering the man who did so much and sacrificed so much for us.

It really is incredible what kind of business he established. Even today, his dreams and goals live themselves out every day in the restaurant. As an example, I was in last night to get some work done. While there, I had lunch with my cousin Sal (who I've always viewed as an uncle), said hello to my Aunt Connie and Uncle Harry, who were in to see a live show by George Pettignano (more on that show tomorrow!), and drove home with my father when the restaurant was closed. Our family still, to this day, is a part of everything the restaurant does.

In fact, the Patsy's family even extends online. I'm not sure if you all know this, but my Aunt Annie also works on the site, processing sauce/pasta orders and managing customer feedback. In fact, my brother was the one that made the banner for Patsy's birthday!

We can't say "thank you" enough to Patsy, and while the best way to honor him is by doing our best to keep the restaurant going strong and running smoothly, on his birthday we always remember him in our own special way.

If you'd like to read last year's birthday blog post, which details some defining moments in his life, it's right here.

So once again, Happy Birthday, Patsy! We'll keep your dream going!

2 comments:

  1. this looks absolutely mouth-watering. i love this food with tomatoes and this looks heavenly! it looks fairly simple too so i should be able to make it. thank you! :)

    Tuscani pastas

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Patsy's on the recommendation of a close filipino friend, it was wonderful. It was Frank Sinatra's favourite restaurant and no wonder I had the chopped salad and Veal Piccata it was superb. I was so impressed that I bought the recipe book that I later found out had been signed by the chef.

    ReplyDelete